Do you have a passion in caring for others and making a difference in the community? If the answer is yes, WE WANT YOU!
We have clients living in Adelaide and surrounding suburbs who are looking for additional support and we would like to assist them.
United Abilities assists children and adults living with disabilities to reach their full potential. United Abilities works closely with clients to support them in their daily activities, and encourages them to live an active and positive lifestyle.
The number of individuals choosing United Abilities as their provider of choice is growing more and more each day – this is why we are looking to expand our team with an immediate start!
Qualifications & Experiences
- Certificate III in Disability or relevant qualifications (Essential)
- Experience in Disability Services/Aged Care (Desirable)
- Mental Health training (Desirable)
- Experience working with complex disability/challenging behaviours (Desirable)
- A CURRENT First Aid/CPR Certificate (Desirable)
- A CURRENT DHS Working with Children’s Check
- DCSI clearances are acceptable if obtained within the previous 3 years
- NDIS Worker Screen
- Hold a current unrestricted SA Drivers Licence and have access to a reliable car (covered by full comprehensive insurance)
Tasks & Responsibilities
Work alongside our participants to support and assist them with all aspects of daily living, community access and social inclusion.
- Transport Clients as required
- Support Clients with their daily activities
- Attend Group activities with Clients
- Liaise with the Disability Services Manager in regard to shifts
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Follow all policies and procedures including WHS
Key Attributes For The Role
We want you if you have the following attributes:
- You can show understanding and empathy for our clients, your dedication to making their lives better is the purpose of your job with us
- Passionate about helping others
- Work in a manner which empowers and values people living with a disability
- Understand the individual needs of our Clients and be able to use your initiative
- Have an understanding of the benefits of exercise and sports for a happier life
- Value your clients and want to make a genuine and positive difference in their lives, on their terms, not yours
- Available to work early morning, day and evening shifts, including the weekend and Public Holidays
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Provide a copy of a CURRENT DHS Working with Children’s Check and CURRENT NDIS Worker Screen
- Provide evidence of Full Comprehensive Car Insurance & SA Drivers License
- Be prepared to drive from your home to our Clients home to attend the shift
- Be very flexible, working a variety of shifts throughout the day including early morning, evening and weekend shifts
We have clients requiring Support Workers who are located in all suburbs of Adelaide.